COVID-19, frequently asked questions
Developments about the coronavirus (COVID-19) raise many questions. You’ll probably have questions when considering staying with us. We try to answer the frequently asked questions on this page.
1. Can I still spend my vacation at Coulon Laurensac?
Yes! Good news, you can come to France as of 15 June. The terraces and restaurants in France are open as well. So, once again: “Bienvenue” in France to all of you.
2. When I book a cottage now, what will be the cancellation conditions?
For guests who book a gîte at Chateau Coulon Laurensac as of May 15, 2020, the following additions to our booking conditions apply:
If the government of the country where you come from prohibits travel to France or if the French government prohibits travel to France, you can convert your booking free of charge to 2021. If you do not want to convert your booking, you will be refunded the total amount of your reservation without any cancellation costs.
3. What if I am allowed to travel, but I don’t want to anymore?
If the authorities referred to in question two allow you to travel, then there are no restrictions to come and normal cancellation conditions apply. If you then want to cancel your reservation, our standard cancellation fees apply.
4. There are four gîtes at Coulon Laurensac. How is this organised in terms of distance?
Given the location of our gîtes and the scale of our estate you can stay here this summer. Just like at home, ‘social distance’ is easily achievable here, in particular because of the ample space around each cottage and on our estate. All gîtes have spacious gardens, so you do not have to come into contact with other guests. Even with a maximum occupancy (of four cottages), everyone has more than adequate space of their own.
6. Has the cleaning protocol of the gîtes been adjusted?
Yes! We will have the gîtes cleaned with even more care than usual before your arrival. Our cleaning company has developed a special protocol for this. In addition, we always follow government-restrictive measures, as well as advice.
7. Can I stay in one of your gîtes with friends?
No, this is not the idea. According to national guidelines, you can only stay in a holiday home with your partner or family.
8. Are there any other things that I should know off that are different?
Yes, we expect from you:
- Greeting someone is fine, but no handshakes;
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for longer than 25 seconds;
- Cough and sneeze in a tissue or on the inside of your elbow;
- Use paper handkerchiefs once and throw them away after usage;
- Keep a minimum distance of 1.5 m from other people who are not members of your family;
- Avoid gathering with more than 2 non-family members;
9. Will the swimming pool be accessible?
Yes, according to current government guidelines the swimming pool is accessible to our guests. The government expects you to keep 1.5 meters from other guests who are not members of your family. Because the pool is large, it shouldn’t be a problem.
10. Can I receive a discount when certain facilities at Coulon Laurensac are closed?
No, because the current guidelines and measures have been drawn up by the government, you are not entitled to discounts. There are currently no restrictive measures that have resulted in closed facilities with us.
11. Didn’t you find the answer to your question?
Please do not hesitate to contact us. We are working hard to answer your question as quickly and completely as possible.
We hope to welcome you this summer and wish you a wonderful stay in one of the gîtes at Château Coulon Laurensac Bordeaux.